Sunday, December 19, 2010

Oh holy god part 2

While perusing the aisles of my local turkish grocery store this very evening I came across THIS HOLY SHOW.


Yes, dear readers, this is EASTER MATERIAL before Christmas is over. In fact, some of us are only getting in the Christmas mood now and this shop is building up to EASTER! Well needless to say I am raging. I have written here before that since I work at Westfield I have basically been listening to Christmas carols since late September and was pretty must outraged that they tried to skip over Halloween earlier this year, but this is a new low. I remember when I was young, we had this cleaner who was called Brigid and she was from the exotic pastures of the United Kingdom. One time over a cup of tea, I was definitely no more than eight, she told me that in England the minute they Halloween was over they would put up the Christmas decorations in the shops. Naturally I was shocked and thought the english were a crazy lot, also I partly didn't believe her. Well if only I could show Brigid this picture now, she'd go wild. I'm sure she'd say I told you so.


On another (equally raging) note, this week's snow is putting my arrival home in jeopardy, this is a view from my sitting room this morning, while all London airports remained closed...

No comments:

Post a Comment